Wonders Early Learning Center will not admit or retain in care a child who has any one or more of the following symptoms of illness:
- Fever of 100* or higher (temperature taken twice, 30 minutes apart)
- Diarrhea (more than 1 abnormally loose stool per day)
- Unusual green mucus coming from eyes or nose
- Severe Cough
- Unusual yellow color to skin or eyes
- Skin or eye lesions that are severe, weeping, or pus-filled
- Stiff neck or headache with one or more of the above symptoms
- Difficulty breathing or wheezing
- Questionable rash/hives
- Complaints of severe pain
- Head lice or nits (eggs) are present
- Regardless of symptoms, a child must be able to participate in the normal routines and activities of the day. If a child shows symptoms of illness not limited to those above, it is at our discretion to decide of the child should be sent home.
A child may not return to the center until the symptoms have subsided without the help of medication for 24 hours.
A child who receives a prescription of antibiotics may not return to care until 24 hours after the first dosage is given. A child who is on antibiotics and continues to show signs of the above symptoms may not return to care until the symptoms have subsided without the help of medication, other than antibiotics for 24 hours. A child who receives antibiotics for a non-contagious condition must show a Doctor’s note stating the condition is not contagious if returning to care before 24 hours.
If your child is exhibiting symptoms of illness, we will call you to come pick up him/her. Please be respectful of the other families, as well as to your child, and come get him/her ASAP (preferably within 30 minutes). We all have young families and none of us want to be sick, so if you, your child, or anyone in your household have had any of these symptoms, please notify us immediately, so we can do our best to control the spread.